- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla to the dry mix. Stir well.
- If the batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of buttermilk. If the batter is too thin, add a tablespoon or two of flour. Stir to mix.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden. (a few minutes each)
This makes a lot of waffles!
I doubled this recipe and was able to put at least 3 gallon size bags full of waffles into the freezer (even after feeding the family). Nom nom nom. Well, I hope you all enjoy the recipe today and as always...