About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 1, 2011

Buttermilk Waffles

So today I was thinking about my blog and I started craving breakfast food. Weird, right? Well, it has influenced my decision for the recipe tonight. You can view the original recipe here


Buttermilk Waffles


Ingredients:

  • 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 8 TBSP butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
Instructions:

  1. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
  2. Add the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla to the dry mix. Stir well.
  3. If the batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of buttermilk. If the batter is too thin, add a tablespoon or two of flour. Stir to mix.
  4. Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden. (a few minutes each)
This makes a lot of waffles!

I doubled this recipe and was able to put at least 3 gallon size bags full of waffles into the freezer (even after feeding the family). Nom nom nom. Well, I hope you all enjoy the recipe today and as always...


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment