Since I made the delicious pasta today, I have decided to share it with all of you (granted there may not be many avid readers for this blog :P). I have to warn you, though, that I fudged the ingredients for what I had on hand. I used lemon juice and no peel, garlic salt with parsley, and guestimated on a lot of the ingredients.
Lemon Pasta (I promise it isn't as weird as it sounds)
- 8 oz. of cooked angel hair pasta, still hot (or a similar sort of pasta- I used the veggie pasta I had on hand)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tsp. grated lemon peel (I skipped this)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic or garlic powder or garlic salt
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tomatoes, diced (Optional- I just love tomatoes, so I added some sundried tomatoes... mmmm)
- In a large skillet, saute the parsley, lemon peel, and garlic in oil until garlic is tender.
- Add pasta to skillet.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Once again, just use what you can and feel free to adjust this recipe to your tastes. I thought my version was pretty good for only using the microwave and some creative solutions. :)
Best of luck! As always...
P.S.: I found this video while I was searching for food videos. I have watched this video a few times and have been humming it almost all day. It's catchy! Although I don't agree that eating organic will help everything, it can help our body have less toxins (I try to buy the dirtiest produce organic: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/10-dirty-fruits-and-veggies-2451593 but it doesn't always happen)