About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 20, 2011

Lemon Pasta

Tuesdays are evil days this semester. However, I got out early from class twice and I was able to do all of my dishes, make guacamole, and make a pasta I have been wanting to try. Yay! I've been perusing Facebook for more blogs and cooking pages. I can never have enough recipe ideas! I also have been trying to find inspiration for my dwindling food stuff. Trying to be creative with limited ingredients tends to mean things are repeated. Oh well. I have leftover pasta that I will probably have for 3 meals and I now have delicious guacamole dip for my tortilla chips. I think I need to just take an inventory of what I have and just go from there. Overall, today was long but not awful.

Since I made the delicious pasta today, I have decided to share it with all of you (granted there may not be many avid readers for this blog :P). I have to warn you, though, that I fudged the ingredients for what I had on hand. I used lemon juice and no peel, garlic salt with parsley, and guestimated on a lot of the ingredients.

Lemon Pasta (I promise it isn't as weird as it sounds)

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. of cooked angel hair pasta, still hot (or a similar sort of pasta- I used the veggie pasta I had on hand)
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 3 tsp. grated lemon peel (I skipped this)
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic or garlic powder or garlic salt
  • 6 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Tomatoes, diced (Optional- I just love tomatoes, so I added some sundried tomatoes... mmmm)
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet, saute the parsley, lemon peel, and garlic in oil until garlic is tender.
  2. Add pasta to skillet.
  3. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
  4. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings

Once again, just use what you can and feel free to adjust this recipe to your tastes. I thought my version was pretty good for only using the microwave and some creative solutions. :)

Best of luck! As always...


Bon appétit!

P.S.: I found this video while I was searching for food videos. I have watched this video a few times and have been humming it almost all day. It's catchy! Although I don't agree that eating organic will help everything, it can help our body have less toxins (I try to buy the dirtiest produce organic: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/10-dirty-fruits-and-veggies-2451593 but it doesn't always happen)

No comments:

Post a Comment