Crock Pot Chicken and Mushroom Pasta (adapted from Pillsbury)
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP butter, cut into cubes
- 1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portabella Mushroom cooking sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- 16 oz. of mushrooms, sliced (use more mushrooms if you want!)
- 1 tsp. olive oil (to saute the mushrooms in)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- (Optional step) Spray your 5-6 qt. slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray. (I skipped this)
- Place chicken in the crock pot/slow cooker and then top with the butter. Sprinkle on ground black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the cooking sauce over the top of the chicken and butter. You can add the mushrooms now, or sautee them later. It's your choice.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours (High 2-3 hours) or until the chicken is tender.
- (Optional) Sautee your mushrooms in 1 tsp. of olive oil. They will shrink some and be fragrant.
- Shred the chicken in the crock pot/slow cooker. I recommend using two forks. If you chose to sautee your mushrooms, add them to the crock pot.
- Add the cream cheese to the crock pot. Cook for 30 minutes on Low or until the cream cheese melts and blends into the sauce.
- Cook your pasta according to the box directions while the cream cheese melts.
- Stir the crock pot mixture well and then serve over the pasta.
- Garnish the pasta with parsley and sprinkle on Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!