On other notes, the football team won their first home game, woo! That was exciting and definitely made the day go by fast. Band kind of sucked up all my time this afternoon, some of my morning, and most of my evening. However, I am blogging, so it didn't steal all of my time away. Muahahaha. Anyway, today I am going to be posting a sweet recipe. I have had the weirdest sweet tooth lately and I think it might be time to go ahead and buy coconut to get rid of my craving for that and Reeses. Yea, my healthy eating isn't always so healthy. I like my coconut and I like my chocolate. :D
However, this recipe sadly doesn't include chocolate or coconut. It is a still a smashing dessert (or I suppose you could eat it for breakfast too) and definitely worth the bit of time to make. Without any further flourishes, I bring you...
Fruit and Cheese Danish
- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 TBSP. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cherry pie filling (or apple or whatever filling you like... you could also use jam or jelly)
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Separate the crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Place on an ungreased baking sheet (you could use parchment paper) and seal the perforations.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of cream cheese onto each rectangle. Top with filling or jam or jelly of your choice.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place frosting in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 15- 20 seconds.
- Drizzle frosting over warm pastries.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: less than 30 minutes
I hope that you find this recipe as intriguing as I did. This didn't work out as well in the microwave as I had hoped, but it is a lesson learned. Please feel free to leave any tips or comments below once
you try this recipe. Hope you all have a great day and as always...