About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 30, 2011

Cookies and Cream Bars

I know this is a little early for me blogging... I am taking a few minutes away from studying to go ahead and type up my blog so that it will be on time. I am driving home tonight, so I don't know when I'll get home. I am excited because I get to go to the Renaissance Festival and the apple orchard! Woohoo! It should be a pretty fun weekend... I just have to get my homework done sometime between today, Saturday, and Sunday. Teehee. Anyway, today is another dessert because my friend's going away party had 3 desserts... and they don't require an oven! Yea!

In the fridge
Cookies and Cream Bars


Ingredients:

  • 1 bag of white chocolate chips (12 oz I think... you could also use a different type of chocolate if you wanted to)
  • 16 oz cream cheese
  • 1 package of Oreo cookies
Instructions:


4 people ate half the pan!

  1. Put your oreos into a ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin, a spoon, your hands, or anything that can smash cookies. (watch for any rips in the plastic to avoid messes)
  2. After your cookies are smashed pretty well (there will be some chunks, but mainly a lot of crumbs and pieces smaller than a penny), pour them into a large bowl.
  3. Add your cream cheese on top of your oreos. Mix till combined (mixture will look gray-ish and have cookies all spread throughout).
  4. Press the cream cheese and Oreo mix into a pan or onto a plate. 
  5. Melt the white chocolate and cover the Oreo mix with it. 
  6. Put into the fridge for about 10 minutes to set. 
  7. Enjoy!

 It really is that simple. This doesn't require many ingredients, and it is so yummy! As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment