After all that babble, I am sure that you are all ready to see what this recipe looks like. It is an easy recipe, but your hands will get messy. My "dough" was a little runny, but I almost think that is the way it's supposed to be, because the cookies had a great texture. Just be prepared to have some messy hands! (looking at the pictures, it seems like my dough was a bit runnier... hmmm...)
Brownie Crackle Cookies (from Recipe Shoebox)
- 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- confectioner's sugar and/or sprinkles (I just used powdered sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour and the brownie mix together.
- Add the egg, water, and canola oil.
- Mix until well combined. (You might want to stir a little longer if it is somewhat liquid-y)
- Place the confectioners sugar and/or sprinkles into shallow bowl(s).
- Drop dough by tablespoons or a melon scooper-ful into the confectioners sugar or sprinkles.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack or wax paper.