About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Dec 20, 2011

Baking extravaganza- day 1 results: Brownie Crackle Cookies

So, today was a laid back day for the most part. I woke up at 11 am, got ready, and then made my grocery list. I might have taken a wee nap after breakfast, so my schedule was a bit off... Then my mom decided that she would go with me to the grocery store. We first had to pull coupons though... That took at least an hour! Coupons are great for saving money, but boy, they are a pain in the tushy! I had to go through all of the categories and get rid of expired coupons, cut new coupons, and go through the large stack of unfiled coupons. Filing the coupons would have taken even longer, so we just left it as is. Then we were off! Since we had coupons, the grocery store trip took longer. We were also going off of random coupons, 3 different lists, and other odds and ends that my mom decided to buy. One cart was filled to the brim, and the second one was maybe about half full. We had sooooo much baking stuff and other assorted items. The one person behind us got impatient and switched to a different lane. Sorry, lady! The good news is that we saved about 50 dollars because of coupons. Any money saved is awesome, especially this time of year! After the store, it was spaghetti for dinner, a quick talk with grandma to tell her happy birthday, and then baking time! Keep in mind, this was at 8 pm... my grandma thought I was baking late. Psh. I just got home on Thursday! My list for tomorrow grew a bit since I didn't finish all that I wanted to today, but it's alright... Oh! My sister has already entered the "I hate baking so why don't you do it all and I'll just eat" whiny phase. Should be *great* to work with her on sugar cookies. -.-

After all that babble, I am sure that you are all ready to see what this recipe looks like. It is an easy recipe, but your hands will get messy. My "dough" was a little runny, but I almost think that is the way it's supposed to be, because the cookies had a great texture. Just be prepared to have some messy hands! (looking at the pictures, it seems like my dough was a bit runnier... hmmm...)

Brownie Crackle Cookies (from Recipe Shoebox)

Ingredients:


  • 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size) 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • egg
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • confectioner's sugar and/or sprinkles (I just used powdered sugar)
Instructions: 

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl, stir the flour and the brownie mix together.
  3. Add the egg, water, and canola oil.
  4. Mix until well combined. (You might want to stir a little longer if it is somewhat liquid-y)
  5. Place the confectioners sugar and/or sprinkles into shallow bowl(s). 
  6. Drop dough by tablespoons or a melon scooper-ful into the confectioners sugar or sprinkles. 
  7. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. 
  9. Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack or wax paper. 
  10. Enjoy!
So, what do you think? Sounds simple enough, huh? I sure thought so. Even though my dough wasn't perfect, the cookies still came out fine and they taste like chocolate-y brownie-licious cookies. :) I hope you try them out!


As always,
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment