About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 3, 2011

Easy Guacamole

Yesterday didn't go as planned. I got home and my brother was the only one there. Figures. I did a lot of thinking on the way home and tried to plan out my blog post for the night... except that I couldn't connect to the internet at home. Ugh. Messy. So, this afternoon I bring you a recipe that is simple and will allow you to chill.

Easy Guacamole


Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 red onion, cut into quarters
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 TBSP cilantro leaves (optional)
  • 1 ripe tomato, chopped (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Get your food processor ready.
  2. Peel the avocado. (Suggestion: Cut the avocado in half and push on the outside skin to get the flesh off. If you need to, scrape whatever flesh is left.)
  3. Put the avocado chunks, quartered red onion, garlic, and cilantro (if you are using it) into the food processor. 
  4. Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency.
  5. Put into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and wait 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. 
**note: I like to also add a few Tablespoons of mild salsa to my guacamole, but everyone will like it different.**

Time: 40 minutes (including chilling time)

Since I know that everyone likes their guacamole a different way, I am including: Perfect Guacamole RecipeEasy Guacamole Recipe  (The comments are helpful!), and Another Guacamole Recipe. I hope you are all able to find a recipe that you enjoy! Have a great day and as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment