About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 29, 2011

Rice Krispies

It is almost Friday! YAY! I am going home and going to the apple orchard and the Renaissance Festival. I am so excited! It will be a fun weekend. The drive is never fun, but that is why I have to sleep well tonight. I am gonna have a lot of laundry to do and dishes to do before I leave, but it's ok. Hehe. I persuaded 10 people to sign the interest sheet for the school in Scotland, woo! However, I am really, really, really tired. I have been running from place to place a lot today. Been nutty. Overall, a very good day. I think tonight is going to be an early night so I can get up early, shower, and study for my History of Europe exam. Blah. Anyway... todays' recipe is... (dun dun dun)...

Rice Krispie Treats


Ingredients:

  • 3 Tbsp butter or margarine (I like a little extra... call me weird all you want :P)
  • 1 pack (10 oz) of regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies (I used probably 4.5 - 5 cups and it was plenty!)
Instructions:
  1. Put the butter and marshmallows in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for about 1.5 minutes.
  2. Stir well and then add the cereal. Stir till well coated.
  3. Press into a greased (with butter or cooking spray) pan. 
  4. Let cool. Cut into squares and enjoy. 
I know it is super simple, but it is yummy and a nice treat that can easily be made in the microwave. 

If you want to make this on the stove... click here.  As always...


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment