About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 31, 2011

Parsley Buttered Potatoes: A simple side dish

This was actually a side dish that I had when I was in Scotland. It sounds a bit strange, but it was quite delicious. I hope that you will try these out, as they make a fab side dish when you are having meat or vegetables or any main dish really.

Parsley Buttered Potatoes


Ingredients:

  • 1 red potato (or however many you need), peeled if you'd like and boiled  **{make sure you scrub up the potato/potatoes a bit just to wash off the dirt and such. Do not use soap! Just use water and your hands or a washcloth}**
  • 3 tsp. butter (to brush on top)
  • Dried parsley flakes
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Boil your potato(es). Strain them.
  2. Put your potato(es) on a plate, split them in half, and brush the whole potato with butter.
  3. Sprinkle on the dried parsley flakes and add salt and pepper to taste.
Time: 15 -20 minutes max

My meal had chicken with a peppercorn sauce, mixed vegetables and these potatoes. So yummy! If you would like to try and re-create my meal, feel free to try this Roast Chicken with Cracked Peppercorn Sauce recipe. Thanks for reading and as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment