I have less than 5 weeks until graduation. I am terrified. Everything is going so fast and I feel like my schedule is out of control! I am a planner naturally, but all this planning just has me super stressed. I think my eyes are feeling it too. Maybe eye strain? Too bad I don't have enough time to sleep enough and help my poor body fix itself. Another sad part of me being stressed and sleep deprived is that I get so hungry. This is not good when you are trying to have a healthier lifestyle and healthier eating habits! I know that my blog is filled with sweets and goodies, but everyone has to treat themselves once in a while. The main chunk of cookie recipes was from my cookie extravaganza during Christmas. So yea, that is life! Is anyone else having a stressful week at work or school?
Todays recipe is something I have literally been eating every day this week for lunch and dinner. I never realized how much shredded chicken 2 lbs of chicken could make. Luckily, it is simple, delicious, and mostly healthy (especially after I add 3 huge leaves of lettuce and 2 tomato slices!). The chicken is made in the crock pot/slow cooker, then you shred it, add the assorted add ins, and then serve up the way you like. I personally enjoy it as a sandwich, but you could expand to wraps, lettuce wraps, or possibly serving it as is. I used an oil based dressing instead of creamy, but you can use whatever you prefer. Hope you like it!
Caesar Chicken Filling- Slow cooker (adapted from Sweet Treats and More)
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (whatever you have is fine)
- 1 bottle of your favorite Caesar Dressing
1 (10 oz) can of cream of chicken soup mixed with 1 packet of Caesar dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (Shred your own or buy it in the cheese section with other shredded cheeses for best results. Try not to use the green can cheese.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a pinch of dried oregano, optional
- a pinch of dried basil, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, optional
To make your sandwich:
- sandwich buns, bread, tortillas, etc.
- lettuce, optional
- tomato, optional
- other veggies
- any other sauces or seasonings
- Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 2 cups of water. Sprinkle in salt and pepper with the chicken, if desired. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon. Place on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds.
- Pour the dressing (or cream of chicken plus dressing packet), Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is hot, if you want.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto your sandwich or wrap and top with desired toppings.
- Eat and enjoy!
I hope you try this simple recipe! I find it delicious! You could even freeze individual portions to make meals easier later!
Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!