About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 25, 2011

Fiesta Black Beans (or bean dip)

So, I was going to blog yesterday... then I fell asleep after the football game that we barely lost. This week was too long. Blah. I am excited though, because I get to go grocery shopping in about 30 minutes! YAY! I desperately need groceries lol. When you have to eat PB&J, you know you are low on food. Anyway, I do apologize for my sleepy absence. So, I have something tasty today. It can be eaten two different ways... as a dip or just as is, but I made mine a dip to use with my tortilla chips.

Fiesta Black Beans (or Fiesta Bean dip)


Ingredients:

  • 1 can of black beans (I only ate half of this)
  • A few Tbsp. of salsa (I used mild)
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese 
Instructions:

  1. Open the can of beans and dump into a strainer. Rinse well with water.
  2. Once your beans are rinsed, put them in a microwaveable container and microwave for about 3 - 5 minutes (if you want a dip, heat them longer so that the skin starts to peel off a bit). Make sure you stir your beans halfway through and make sure they are warm at the end.
  3. If you want a dip, mash your beans. If not, leave the beans as is.
  4. Put your cheese on top and pop into the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
  5. Add salsa and enjoy!
Cheap, easy, and something that almost anyone can make! Hope you all enjoy and please leave a comment! As always...


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment