About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 7, 2011

Applesauce

Today was relaxing, luckily. Tomorrow is another insane day so I am gearing up for the chaos. In the mean time, here is a recipe that is simple and yummy! Then again... I just love applesauce, haha.

Homemade Applesauce


Ingredients:

  • 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Instructions:
  1. Combine the apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon in a sauce pan.
  2. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
  3. Mash the applesauce with a fork or potato masher when slightly cooled. Mash until you reach the desired consistency. 
  4. Enjoy your delicious applesauce!
I like to make a triple or even quadruple batch and I love eating it fresh from the pan. Soooo yummy! Hope you try it out and as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment