Today has also been a problem for procrastination. I would much rather be watching Doctor Who than reading for 3 of my communication classes and figuring out ideas for group projects. Maybe it is just me, but I almost wish that these books could just zap into your brain somehow. It would be nice... Anyway.... I am going to quit whining and continue on to the recipe today...
I think this recipe is ok, but I don't know if I did something wrong or what. My mixture didn't come out as the directions said it should have. :/ I'm kinda clueless to what I did wrong, but maybe you all will have better results than I did. It's not that the cookies turned out bad, it's just that they didn't seem to be what they were supposed to be... I'l let you all judge for yourself, though.
Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the butter and then stir in the vanilla. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Stir in the butter mix and the chocolate chips with the dry mix. (mixture should be crumbly)
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets (I used parchment paper) and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from sheets to cool.
Maybe I didn't cool the butter enough, or maybe I just had too many chocolate chips. I don't really know. I hope you all have better luck than I did and are able to make deliciously buttery cookies. :)