About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 14, 2011

Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese

Now, many of you would look at this dish and think that this couldn't possibly be dinner. Well, for me it was. I have leftover corn and mashed potatoes, but I did just eat this. At least it has veggies, right? Haha.

 Mashed Potatoes with Cheese and Corn


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups cubed, peeled potatoes
  • 1 and 1/2 cups water (or enough to cover the potatoes)
  • 3 TBSP. butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 cup corn (canned or frozen), warmed
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheese 
Instructions:
  1. Place the potatoes and water into a pan or microwave safe dish. Cook till tender. (microwave about 15 - 20 minutes)
  2. Place potatoes into a bowl.
  3. Mash with milk, butter, salt, and pepper. 
  4. Stir in corn and cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Time: less than 30 minutes


Yep, that's the recipe. Does it look good? Want to try it? Feel free to leave a comment, especially if you do try it! Until tomorrow...

Bon appétit!






No comments:

Post a Comment