About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 23, 2011

Scrambled Egg Sandwich

Yesterday I didn't blog. -.- The band got to play at the baseball game and we got home really late. I'll just use that as my excuse, along with mentioning that I didn't cook at all yesterday. It was one of those cereal days...
Speaking of cereal... I found one that I think tastes sour... Maybe it is just me and my messed up tastebuds, but I will definitely not buy this kind ever again!

See the yucky cereal picture:



So, I still have stuff that I could use to cook, but I really need to do dishes. It is a constant battle because I don't have a dishwasher and cooking tends to require dishes (or at least paper plates). Cereal can survive in a red plastic cup, but cooking scrambled eggs requires a bowl that can withstand heat. Speaking of scrambled eggs, they are the star of the dish I made today.

Scrambled Egg Sandwich


Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs per sandwich
  • milk or water (depends how you like your eggs)
  • 1 slice of cheese per sandwich
  • butter/margarine
  • 2 slices of bread per sandwich
Instructions:

  1. Get a frying pan out and put about 1/4 Tbsp. of butter in there. Melt it and move it around the pan.
  2. Put your 2 eggs and a splash of milk or water into a bowl. Whisk them till slightly bubbly or well combined.
  3. Cook your scrambled eggs over low - medium heat. Every few minutes, use a spoon to go around the outside of the pan and then zig zag along the inside, in order to prevent burnt eggs.
  4. Butter one side of each slice of bread and put a slice of cheese on one of the buttered sides.
  5. Put your eggs onto the side with the cheese, top with the other slice of bread (butter side onto the eggs), and then enjoy!
Time: about 10 minutes
****Note: you can also microwave your eggs****


 I like this sandwich because it allowed me to finish my liquid eggs and I love scrambled egg sandwiches! My mom used to make these for when we had brunch. It doesn't happen anymore, but I definitely still enjoy them. They are really easy to make and can be customized to the taste that you like. You can also toast the bread if you want to have a bit more crunch. I just lack a toaster here, so I have regular bread. :P

Well, as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment