So, today's recipe was a bit of an experiment. I had an immense chocolate craving and I had a box of brownies. I knew that people had made cake in the microwave before, so I figured brownies could work too. Well, they sorta did. After heating, it seemed more like a brownie dip rather than brownies. However, once they cooled for a bit, there was the consistency of fudgy brownies. Mmmm. Tasty. Anyway, here is the key to yummy microwave brownie-ness.
Microwave Brownie Yumminess
|Do you see the smile?|
- 1 box of brownie mix
- whatever the box of brownies calls for (normally 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of veg oil, and 1/4 cup of water or so... it could vary, but those are the ingredients)
- whipped cream or cool whip for topping (optional)
- chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- any other toppings (optional)
- 1 microwaveable bowl, preferably a microwaveable mixing bowl or microwaveable baking dish
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the box directions. Make sure you whisk well so that lumps are to a minimum.
- If transferring the mix to another bowl or dish, make sure you lightly oil or butter the sides of the other dish. Use the spatula to get all the mix out of the first bowl. If you are keeping it in the same bowl, it will be fine as is.
- Heat the brownie mix for about 2 minutes on High. Stir. Keep heating in 1 minute intervals, until the bottom is still a bit mixy and the top is slightly cakey.
- When it is done, the mix will absorb into the cooked portion when stirred well. If you want cake-like brownies, heat a bit longer.
- Spoon out, add any toppings you'd like, and enjoy!
This was so yummy! I am glad that it worked. I enjoyed my brownie goodness with some cool whip and chocolate chips, and a nice cup of milk. Mmmm. The leftovers from this didn't last long, haha. Well, if you have a craving and don't feel like using the oven, this is simple and quick! Enjoy!