About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 16, 2011

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

So, that one day of crazy studying and some sleep was needed. I feel a bit more sane today, especially since my essay test is over with. It's been cold today, so I have tried to avoid prolonged exposure outside. I love fall and all, but not when my body is going numb...

I did 5 loads of laundry today (I had 3 of bedding alone -.-), cleaned my room, organized, and did all of my dishes. My parents are coming up to see me tomorrow for the football game and the cookout, woo! The only downside is that I have to keep up appearances for when they come.

I ate lunch with one of my friends today and I had the mac and cheese. I had never noticed before how salty it is. Never again. Ugh, these new tastebuds from Scotland can be helpful, yet they limit a lot of pre-made foods. I can hardly eat popcorn anymore! It's just so salty. However, my new tastes have helped me develop my passion for cooking even further and start to cook real food in the dorm. Yes, it is different food than what I might make at home, but it is still good!

Some of you reading this might be thinking "Wow, she's crazy! How can she cook at college? She's so busy already!" and really, I am very busy. I just plan out my meals for the 2 weeks, and then make a shopping list for those recipes and some snacks. I made 3 shopping lists last time, because I saw that there were some other delicious recipes that I wanted to try as well. By having those other two shopping lists, I am prepared for my next two shopping trips already,  woohoo! I go shopping on Sunday every 2 weeks and keep it under 80 dollars. Luckily, that's only about $5.75 or so per day, which is decent in my book.

Anyway, now that we have discussed my habits and what I have been up to, let's move on to the star of the show... the food! I figured I would post another simple dish, especially since all of us experience those days when you don't really want to do much, or don't have much time to make and eat dinner. I promise you, this is a dish that is simple, only takes a few ingredients, and just is delicious!

Tomato and Mozzarella "Salad"


Ingredients:

  • 2 - 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
  • A chunk of mozzarella cheese, cubed (use as much or as little as you want)
  • Olive oil (for drizzling)
  • Basil (either dried or fresh), to taste
  • Garlic salt (optional)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:

  1. Put the diced tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl.
  2. Drizzle Olive oil over it and stir.
  3. Sprinkle on the basil, salt, pepper, and garlic salt (if you are using it). Stir well.
  4. Enjoy!
I love this dish because it is so fresh and simple. It is tasty too! Too bad I am out of tomatoes at the moment or I would make it again. Mmmm. Hope you enjoy this recipe and as always...

 Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment