- A few gloves of garlic, chopped into small pieces (I like using the food processor. Just peel the garlic, put it in, and poof, chopped garlic.)
- A few Basil leaves, torn
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Tomatoes (about 4), diced
- Crusty bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I like french bread.) You will use anywhere from 1/2 loaf to 1 loaf of bread, depending on how many people you have.
- Parmesan cheese (the fresh kind!), shaved into large slices
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Put the slices in the oven or on the grill for about 2 minutes or until toasted. (You could even use a toaster)
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, and the drizzle of olive oil.
- Spoon the mix and a slice of Parmesan cheese onto the bread and enjoy!
** you can also heat the bread with the Parmesan cheese on it before adding the tomato mix**