About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 5, 2011

Bruschetta: A tasty appetizer

Labor day was crazy for me. I had so much to do and so little time. I hope everyone else got to relax more than I did. Hehe. Today I am bringing you a recipe that is simple, tasty, and quick! You can prepare this around 10 minutes before your guests come (or less time).

Bruschetta

Ingredients:
  • A few gloves of garlic, chopped into small pieces (I like using the food processor. Just peel the garlic, put it in, and poof, chopped garlic.)
  • A few Basil leaves, torn 
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Tomatoes (about 4), diced
  • Crusty bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I like french bread.) You will use anywhere from 1/2 loaf to 1 loaf of bread, depending on how many people you have. 
  • Parmesan cheese (the fresh kind!), shaved into large slices
Instructions:
  1. Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices.
  2. Put the slices in the oven or on the grill for about 2 minutes or until toasted. (You could even use a toaster)
  3. Mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, and the drizzle of olive oil.
  4. Spoon the mix and a slice of Parmesan cheese onto the bread and enjoy!
** you can also heat the bread with the Parmesan cheese on it before adding the tomato mix**

As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment