I've been writing this post for at least a couple weeks now. I am happy to finally post it!
So... I was nominated for the Liebster award! Medusa from Money is No Object kindly chose me as one of the 10 blogs she nominated. How exciting! Isn't it pretty? :) I was flattered that I was nominated! *squee*
Part of accepting this award includes answering ten questions that the nominator asked me and nominating 10 other blogs with under 300 followers to receive the award.
The 10 questions and their answers:
1. Why did you start your blog and when?
I started my blog because I wanted a way to share my passion for cooking, baking, and food with others. My first post was on 8/12/11, wowsa!
2. Do you have a day job? If so, what is it?
No day job as of now. I am planning on working soon and applying for Food Corps. Keep your fingers crossed!
3. If you could have any (living) fashion designer create something for you to wear, which (living) designer would you choose?
I don't really keep up with fashion much, but I googled fashion designers and think that a Stella McCartney and Marc Jacobs collaboration would be awesome. I love both of their styles, but like Marc Jacobs' shoes more.
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas! Christmas time just seems so magical to me. The romance in the air, the winter weather, the snow falling, and the colors just really make me happy.
5. What calendar (if any) have you had hanging on your wall this year?
I have been using my phone mostly, but I have a small pocket calendar and a pillsbury wall calendar that I got for free.
6. Putting calories aside, what is your favorite food (or dessert) to eat?
Favorite Dessert: Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream on top. Current Favorite food: Grilled Cheese. Such cheesy comfort.
7. Putting expenses aside, if you could live in another country, which one would you choose?
The United Kingdom. I loved it there!
8. Do you subscribe to any magazines and; if so, which ones?
My mom recently bought me a subscription to All You magazine with hopes of saving lots of money and having plenty of coupons. I used to subscribe to Seventeen magazine, but I am a little old for that now.
9. What is your favorite bird? (Not animal, but BIRD)! :)
Tanager. They are brightly colored birds and are so pretty! See?
10. What's the #1 spot you would like to travel to next?
Europe! Anywhere in Europe or the Mediterranean.
My 10 nominations for this award, in no particular order:
Butterfly Kisses N Tasty Dishes
Creative Party Ideas by Cheryl
Dawns Divine Delights
I like today because of...
The Enchanted Cook
The Word Cage
For a Certain World
Expect the Unexpected
How Nominees Can Accept the Award:
- You must answer the 10 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you. (see below)
- You must pass the award to 10 other deserving bloggers who have less than 300 followers. Pass on the love!
- Create 10 questions for the bloggers you tag.
- Let the lucky bloggers know that you gave them the award.
My 10 questions for the nominees:
- What is your current song obsession?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition or winter tradition?
- Do you own any stuffed animals?
- If you had to re-do where you live, what would you change?
- Are you planning to make any new year resolutions?
- How do you keep yourself motivated during the blogging process?
- What is your kryptonite?
- Do you enjoy shopping locally or do you choose to hit the chain stores instead?
- What is your favorite scent of candle or favorite scent in general?
- If you could have extra hours in the day, what would you use them for?