The funny thing about this post is that it was delayed because of the pictures. Of all things, the pictures. Just let that sink in for a few moments. I didn't feel like adding the text into the photos so I put it off... and thus... a later post then I wanted. Oops. Hopefully the minor delay has you craving some delicious food!
From the title of this post, you might be thinking "Pizza balls? What are those?" Well my friends, they are delicious pockets of pizza goodness. I have seen multiple versions of pizza balls floating around on Pinterest and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. Oddly enough, I tried the recipe that isn't pinned as often. *shrug* I really don't know why it isn't pinned more. This recipe is delicious and simple! I like to use this recipe when I am out of ideas or when I just don't feel like doing anything extravagant. I made one batch with cheese and another batch with cheese and sausage. I definitely liked the second batch better, but the cheesy ones oozed cheesy deliciousness!
Pizza Balls (Pinterest)
- Canned biscuits
- Garlic powder
- Mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
- Other toppings (onions, pineapple, peppers, sausage crumbles, bacon, etc.)
- Marinara sauce (for dipping), optional
- Preheat your oven to the temperature stated on the biscuits.
- Put each topping into a bowl.
- Take out each biscuit and stretch it out some to make a thinner circle.
- Take out one biscuit and sprinkle some garlic powder on it. Remember, you want enough to make it taste pizza-like, but you don't want it to explode with garlic powder either.
- Add your toppings and cheese into the middle of the biscuit and then seal the edges together. Roll it back into a ball shape if necessary.
- Roll the outside of your pizza balls in cheese or toppings, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve with marinara sauce, if desired, and enjoy!
Have you ever made a recipe that you found on Pinterest? How did it go? Let me know with a comment below!
Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!