About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 8, 2011

Banana Crunch Muffins

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you hoped for Friday by Tuesday? Yep, that week was this week. Since I have been feeling like I am going bananas, I am posting a banana recipe.

Banana Crunch Muffins


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (2 bananas)
  • 2 bananas, diced
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup granola 
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
  2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
  3. Add the butter to flour mix and blend.
  4. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas and add to flour/butter mix. Blend well.
  5. Fold in diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and raisins.
  6. Spoon into a muffin pan (grease it or use muffin cups).
  7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Serves: 18 muffins
Prep: 45 minutes

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment