About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 11, 2011

Black Bean Tacos

I understand that we all are on a budget for food, and it is completely understandable. As a college student, I have to make certain choices and budget really well. The meal that I made tonight won't be too much of a dent in any budget. I was able to get a can of black beans for about 60 cents, and only used a third of the can. Also, many families keep shredded cheese and salsa in the house. The only thing you might have to pick up is a pack of tortillas. Whether it is for the family, or for yourself, this recipe is cheap and simple.

Black Bean Tacos


Ingredients:
  • One can of black beans, drained and rinsed 
  • 2 tortillas (or as many as you need)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar blend or monterey jack or mexican cheese blend
  • Toppings: Salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, etc.
Instructions:

  1. Microwave the beans for about a minute.
  2. Put beans and cheese on your tortilla.
  3. Microwave for 45 seconds.
  4. Add your toppings, roll it up, and enjoy!
Time: 5 - 10 minutes

Really, this recipe is something simple and is a great go-to recipe for those busy nights. Especially for a college student, this is perfect because it doesn't use any raw meat, pans, or a stovetop. Well, I hope you all enjoy and as always...


Bon appétit!
                                                                                                    My food is on a paper plate :P

No comments:

Post a Comment