About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 26, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I was going to make a delicious chili today... and then I realized that I don't have beef broth. I am very sad. Today has been decent overall, but it rained cats and dogs. No lie. Most of campus grass looks like it is a swamp. We got that much rain. I was fine under my umbrella and then a biker splashed me. I think I changed clothes at least 3 times today. Not cool, rain, not cool. However, it did inspire me to make my dinner tonight. Since I couldn't make chili, I made the next best thing... soup.

Chicken Noodle Soup


Ingredients: 

  • 1 can of condensed chicken broth (and one can of water.... or you can use homemade chicken broth)
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
  • carrot slices (use as many as you would like)
  • celery (I would have used this but the grocery store was out!)
  • Half an onion, diced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • egg noodles
Instructions:
  1. Pour the chicken broth + water into a bowl or in a pot. 
  2. Add the noodles, carrots, onion, and celery. Cook till noodles are al dente.
  3. Spice with pepper and salt.
  4. Cook for another few minutes. 
If you would like an exact recipe... visit... here or here. I just had to use what I had on hand and I think it came out decent. I really wanted the celery, so hopefully when I make this again they will have it. 

As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment