About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Sep 5, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese with Ham

So, today was another hectic day. Then again, every time I come home for the holidays, it is always hectic here. Hopefully I helped to iron out everything... I can smell the chicken that I put in the slow cooker from my room upstairs and it smells heavenly. I hope it tastes as good as it smells! The recipe for today is something that is filling and downright delicious.

Macaroni and Cheese with Ham


Ingredients:

  • 2 TBSP of butter
  • 1 TBSP and 2 tsp. of flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 2 cups pasta, freshly cooked and still hot
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 and 1/2 cups cooked and diced ham
  • 1 TBSP mustard (I like honey dijon)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the flour. Stir till mostly smooth and bubbly. 
  3. Gradually stir in the milk. Continue cooking and stir until the sauce bubbles.
  4. Add the cheese to the sauce, along with the salt, pepper, and mustard.
  5. Stir in the ham, and pasta. Mix well.
  6. Pour into a baking dish.
  7. Sprinkle a little extra cheese over the top.
  8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Serves: 4
Prep: 45 minutes


I hope that you all enjoy and as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment