No Bake Cookies
|Ready to cool off|
- 1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk chocolate and semi sweet. I think the semi-sweet turned out better tasting.)
- 1/2 - 1 cup of peanut butter (I taste the chocolate, PB, and butter mix to make sure it has enough PB taste. I love PB!)
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 - 5 cups of plain oatmeal (It really depends on how well you stir and how well your mix takes to the oatmeal. Oh, and you can use quick cook or old fashioned.)
- large glass bowl (or one that can go in the microwave)
- spoon (a normal silverware spoon is fine)
- wax paper
|Single cookie, partly cool|
- Combine the butter, chocolate, and peanut butter in your bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Check it and give it a stir. If it needs more time, add 45 more seconds. Again, stir.
- Once your mixture has reached a liquid state, mix in the oatmeal until it still sticks together, but has enough oatmeal to use up the batter.
- Place heaping spoonfuls onto the wax paper.
- Let cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container.
These cookies remind me of Reese candy. So yummy! Hope you all try it out! As always...