About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 3, 2011

No Bake Cookies

This weekend was a blast. I won't really be getting much sleep because I am getting up super early to return to campus... but I had so much fun at the Renaissance Festival and the apple orchard! I now have lots of goodies to take with me to school... which means I will be cooking again, woo! I sadly didn't get an opportunity to cook (my mom already had dinners planned out anyway), but it's alright. I found a few recipes that I can make in the dorm and that makes me super happy! Hmm... so anyway... I thought I would quickly post the last recipe for the 3rd dessert that I made for my friends. I don't make them like most people make them... but I think they still taste awesome!

No Bake Cookies
Ingredients!


Ingredients:
Ready to cool off

  • 1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk chocolate and semi sweet. I think the semi-sweet turned out better tasting.)
  • 1/2  - 1 cup of peanut butter (I taste the chocolate, PB, and butter mix to make sure it has enough PB taste. I love PB!)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3 - 5 cups of plain oatmeal (It really depends on how well you stir and how well your mix takes to the oatmeal. Oh, and you can use quick cook or old fashioned.)
Equipment:
  • large glass bowl (or one that can go in the microwave)
  • spatula
  • spoon (a normal silverware spoon is fine)
  • wax paper
Instructions:
Single cookie, partly cool
  1. Combine the butter, chocolate, and peanut butter in your bowl.
  2. Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Check it and give it a stir. If it needs more time, add 45 more seconds. Again, stir.
  3. Once your mixture has reached a liquid state, mix in the oatmeal until it still sticks together, but has enough oatmeal to use up the batter.
  4. Place heaping spoonfuls onto the wax paper.
  5. Let cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container. 
These cookies remind me of Reese candy. So yummy! Hope you all try it out! As always...


Bon appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment