So, today's recipe is a bit quirky. I just started grabbing things out of my fridge and tried to think of how I could eat more of my baked beans. Well, I figured out a sandwich that could do just that... Before you all go running and hiding in the hills, I have to say that the sandwich sounds weird but it is super tasty! Just the right combination for my tastebuds. :)
- A few spoonfuls of baked beans
- about a tsp. or so of honey mustard
- 2 slices of bread
- a few pieces of sliced deli turkey
- a few slices of Provolone cheese
|Before the beans|
- Heat up the baked beans. (I heated up a whole bowl because I had them with the sandwich as well.)
- Put the mustard on one piece of bread and spread it so that you have a thin layer. Add the turkey on top of that.
- On the other slice of bread, put the cheese. Once the baked beans are warm, put them on top of the slice of bread with the turkey/mustard.
- Put the other piece of bread (with the cheese on it) on top of the other side.
- Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
|After the beans were added|
Again, I know it sounds really weird... however, the bite from the mustard and the sweetness of the baked beans was excellent! I enjoyed it immensely! As always...