About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 8, 2011

A seemingly weird sandwich that doesn't taste weird

So, today was an interesting day. It was beautiful day, weather wise because it got up to 72 degrees F! Woot! I got an A on my History test (1/10 out of the 30 people in class) so that was exciting. I also got to hang out with one of my friends. We took a walk and I tried to skip rocks and failed. She's actually good at skipping rocks. Since it was about 9-ish, there were lots of couples there. Slightly awkward. We then went back to her dorm and I helped her plan out what meal she is going to cook with one of her friends. We also watched the pilot of New Girl which is really good and funny! So, overall a great day. The only downside is that I just recently had "dinner" at 12:30 am and I didn't eat lunch today... hmm.

So, today's recipe is a bit quirky. I just started grabbing things out of my fridge and tried to think of how I could eat more of my baked beans. Well, I figured out a sandwich that could do just that... Before you all go running and hiding in the hills, I have to say that the sandwich sounds weird but it is super tasty! Just the right combination for my tastebuds. :)

Finished sandwich!
The Oddball Sandwich


Ingredients:

  • A few spoonfuls of baked beans
  • about a tsp. or so of honey  mustard
  • 2 slices of bread
  • a few pieces of sliced deli turkey
  • a few slices of Provolone cheese
Instructions:
Before the beans
  1. Heat up the baked beans. (I heated up a whole bowl because I had them with the sandwich as well.)
  2. Put the mustard on one piece of bread and spread it so that you have a thin layer. Add the turkey on top of that.
  3. On the other slice of bread, put the cheese. Once the baked beans are warm, put them on top of the slice of bread with the turkey/mustard.
  4. Put the other piece of bread (with the cheese on it) on top of the other side.
  5. Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
  6. Enjoy!

After the beans were added


Again, I know it sounds really weird... however, the bite from the mustard and the sweetness of the baked beans was excellent! I enjoyed it immensely! As always...



Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment