About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 27, 2011

A comfort food: Cornbread


Alright, so I didn't blog yesterday.  To be honest, I had dinner at 10:30 pm and then eventually had to sleep because I had to be up early in order to set up for a speech. It went well I think... We shall see... I shall add a disclaimer right here and now that on certain days, due to unplanned or unforeseen circumstances, a blog may sadly not be put up. So, yea...

Anyway, today I am bringing you an easy recipe that doesn't take long. It's one of those "mix it all together and bake it" sort of recipes. Delicious and simple!

Cornbread (from All Recipes)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 175 degrees C. 
  2. Grease an 8 inch square pan. (I used a rectangle one instead)
  3. Melt butter and pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar immediately and stir well.
  4. Add the eggs and beat until well blended.
  5. Combine the buttermilk with the baking soda and add to the mix. 
  6. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until the mix is well blended and few lumps remain.
  7. Pour into the pan.
  8. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  9. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 9 servings

This cornbread is quite tasty, and I recommend this easy recipe for those who want to make it from scratch. Happy baking! As always...

Bon appétit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment