Alright, so I didn't blog yesterday. To be honest, I had dinner at 10:30 pm and then eventually had to sleep because I had to be up early in order to set up for a speech. It went well I think... We shall see... I shall add a disclaimer right here and now that on certain days, due to unplanned or unforeseen circumstances, a blog may sadly not be put up. So, yea...
Anyway, today I am bringing you an easy recipe that doesn't take long. It's one of those "mix it all together and bake it" sort of recipes. Delicious and simple!
Cornbread (from All Recipes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan. (I used a rectangle one instead)
- Melt butter and pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar immediately and stir well.
- Add the eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine the buttermilk with the baking soda and add to the mix.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until the mix is well blended and few lumps remain.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 9 servings
This cornbread is quite tasty, and I recommend this easy recipe for those who want to make it from scratch. Happy baking! As always...