About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 14, 2011

Hawaiian Pizza Dip: An interesting experience



Alright, so today was an ok day. I had my History Exam and it went... well... as alright as it gets. I took a super long nap today and I am not looking forward to the Homecoming game tomorrow. It is supposed to rain and we have to stay whether it is raining or not. Kinda stupid really... Another thing that I am not looking forward to is having to practice in the morning and the stupid parade that we have to do. No me gusta... I also went through a College Cookbook today. I found a whopping 8 recipes that I want to make... and can actually make in the microwave. This book had such random tips on pages that didn't even deal with what the tip was talking about, didn't have ANY pictures (that just bothers me), and even though they tried to make everything simple, some things were just over simplified... more like a duh kind of moment really! It frustrates me, a lot! >.> Anyway...

As far as the recipe today, I made it as the recipe said and was sitting there tasting so much cream cheese that it was painful. After adding another 1 - 1.5 cups of tomato sauce, it was much better and actually an enjoyable dip. I would advise having English muffins, bagels, or bagel chips to eat the dip with. Definitely give it a try and let me know what you think! If you don't want to add the extra sauce right away and want to taste the dip first, please feel free to do that!

Top view
Hawaiian Pizza Dip


Ingredients:

Side view
  • 1 eight oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 - 2.5 cup(s) canned pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce or jarred sauce (really up to you)
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 can diced pineapple, drained
  • 1/2 cup Canadian bacon or ham, chopped into bite-size pieces
  • 1/4 cup red onion, chopped (Probably would have tasted better if I used this instead of dried onion...)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't have enough to add this)
Instructions:
I made a pizza sandwich! 
  1. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the cream cheese, pizza sauce and Italian seasoning.
  2.   Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes until warm.  
  3. Smooth the mixture evenly in the bottom of the bowl/pan/dish (to create an even layer), and then top with ham, pineapple, onion and both cheeses.  
  4. Microwave on high for another 2 to 3 minutes, until dip is hot, and cheese is fully melted.
  5. Get out your english muffins, bagels, or bagel chips and enjoy!
I am going to have to play with this recipe later on and see if I can make it taste even better! I hope you all enjoy today's blog post and as always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment