Anyway, the recipe for today is something that I wouldn't have thought to do, but it is crazy easy. I am glad I tested it out, and my brother, sister, and my dad surely weren't complaining either!
Ingredients: (depends on how many sandwiches you wish to make- I made 12)
- 12 english muffins (use whichever kind you like... I used the healthy grain ones)
- 12 eggs
- 12 cheese slices, or shredded cheese of your choice
- vegetable oil or butter, for greasing the muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your muffin pan with butter or vegetable oil. A good tip (if using vegetable oil): pour a bit of vegetable oil in one cup and get a paper towel. Use the paper towel to make sure the muffin cup is completely greased.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- While you are waiting for the oven to finish heating up, half your English muffins and arrange on a baking tray. You will need 2 baking sheets if you are making 12 sandwiches.
- Put the muffin tray of eggs into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the English muffins in when you have about 10 minutes left on the timer.
- Once the eggs and English muffins are done, compile your sandwich. You could also add cooked sausage, cooked bacon, or cooked ham to your sandwich as well.
- Eat now or let them completely cool so that they can go in the freezer.
- If you want them in the freezer, after they are cool, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then put all of the wrapped sandwiches in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Eat within a few weeks of making.
|They had already helped themselves to the sandwiches!|
I absolutely loved these sandwiches. I am going to make a whole bunch next time I go home so that I can have breakfast in the dorm for a while. I think I know a variation on this that I am going to try though. I am excited to make these again! Hope you all enjoy and get a chance to try!