About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 31, 2011

Copycat breakfast: Homemade McMuffins

I took today and slept in till 2:30 pm. It was refreshing. I finished my two stacks of dishes, went grocery shopping, put away my band uniform, and tidied up my room. One of professors e-mailed the class and told us that we don't have one of our regular quizzes on Tuesday! YES! Just to prove how much of a nerd I am, I literally did a dance when I brought all my groceries back and put my fresh produce in the fridge. It's amazing how something as simple as a tomato can make me happy. I didn't really do any school work this weekend, but that's ok. I'll be getting up a bit earlier than usual to do a bit of homework tomorrow. To be honest, this weekend went by way too fast. Whenever we have a football game on Saturdays it seems to be that way. -.-

Anyway, the recipe for today is something that I wouldn't have thought to do, but it is crazy easy. I am glad I tested it out, and my brother, sister, and my dad surely weren't complaining either!

Homemade McMuffins


Ingredients: (depends on how many sandwiches you wish to make- I made 12)

  • 12 english muffins (use whichever kind you like... I used the healthy grain ones)
  • 12 eggs
  • 12 cheese slices, or shredded cheese of your choice
  • vegetable oil or butter, for greasing the muffin pan
Instructions:
Close up
    They had already helped themselves to the sandwiches!
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease your muffin pan with butter or vegetable oil. A good tip (if using vegetable oil): pour a bit of vegetable oil in one cup and get a paper towel. Use the paper towel to make sure the muffin cup is completely greased. 
  3. Crack an egg into each cup.
  4. While you are waiting for the oven to finish heating up, half your English muffins and arrange on a baking tray. You will need 2 baking sheets if you are making 12 sandwiches.
  5. Put the muffin tray of eggs into the oven for 15-20 minutes. 
  6. Put the English muffins in when you have about 10 minutes left on the timer.
  7. Once the eggs and English muffins are done, compile your sandwich. You could also add cooked sausage, cooked bacon, or cooked ham to your sandwich as well.
  8. Eat now or let them completely cool so that they can go in the freezer.
  9. If you want them in the freezer, after they are cool, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then put all of the wrapped sandwiches in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Eat within a few weeks of making. 


I absolutely loved these sandwiches. I am going to make a whole bunch next time I go home so that I can have breakfast in the dorm for a while. I think I know a variation on this that I am going to try though. I am excited to make these again! Hope you all enjoy and get a chance to try! 

As always...



Bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment