|Doesn't look as appetizing, but I was trying to show how much food the recipe made.|
- about a 20 oz can of baked beans, undrained (I don't remember exactly what mine was.)
- 15 oz can of dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion (or a couple tsp. of dried onion, to taste. I probably used at least 3 tsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (for less sweet beans, use a bit less)
- 10 strips of crispy bacon (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
|See, it makes lots!|
- If using a chopped onion, put the olive oil in a bowl with the onion and microwave (or use a pan on the stovetop) on high for 2 - 3 minutes. If using dried onion, then just move to step 2.
- Combine the undrained kidney beans, baked beans, and drained + rinsed black beans. Add the onion, bacon, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and olive oil (if you use dried onion, still add the olive oil).
- Microwave on High until heated through (should be about 8 - 15 minutes). You could also use a pot on the stovetop or a baking pan in the oven, whatever floats your boat.
- Scoop out a helping and enjoy!
I hope you all are reminded of the times when baked beans were made for you. This recipe is a definite keeper and I have oodles of leftovers! As always...