My speech partner decided that we should wait to meet on Tuesday instead of today and Wednesday. I honestly only think we need Wednesday practice, but we shall see. I am a bit stressed because one of my groups for our group project hasn't e-mailed or anything. I am freaking out because we have to present on Tuesday. This is a problem... This is why I tend to hate group projects. Luckily my other group project is going well. Two of these group projects will soon be over, thank goodness. It is kinda crazy to keep them all straight. I also have a group project for business, but we are half clueless about what we have to do. Evil group projects...
Anyway, within that 8 hours of cooking stuff, I made a bunch of dishes. I made scones and "clotted cream" this morning because I was just done after cooking and baking for 8 hours straight. But yea, this recipe is a slow cooker (crockpot) recipe. I absolutely adore this recipe, but I will admit I was skeptical. I have never had chicken and dumplings, so I had no idea how it was made. My mom asked me if she was going to die from eating the chicken and dumplings... I said no... She just remembers my failure of squash macaroni and cheese... -.- That was truly disgusting... Anyway, she gave her approval for the chicken and dumplings, and my dad even had some, even though he had already had my pasta. I am glad I found something that was enjoyed.
Anyway, now that you are all caught up on my life happenings... here's the recipe:
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. butter/margarine
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 (10 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- Place one can of the Cream of Chicken soup at the bottom of the crockpot. Put 3 of the chicken breasts over that.
- Put the Cream of Mushroom soup over the 3 chicken breasts and lay the last 3 chicken breasts on top. Pour the last can of Cream of Chicken soup over top of that.
- Add 3 - 4 cans of water to cover.
- Put the onions and butter into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 5 - 6 hours on High. Stir occasionally.
- While this is cooking, cook your biscuits according to the directions.
- About 30 - 40 minutes before serving, put the biscuits into the slow cooker, on the top. Make sure to dunk them down in order to soak up some of the broth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Again, I adjusted a different recipe. The original recipe is from allrecipes.com. Feel free to view the original recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings. I hope you all try this recipe and please feel free to leave a comment below!
P.S. it is just past 9 pm and I am so utterly tired. What is going on with me? :( I better not be sick!