Alrighty, so today I have a recipe that is simple and can be tweaked to your taste. The coolest part of this recipe? It has optional bacon! I am sure many of you out there are ready for this recipe now!
Corny Ramen Chowder (from Taste of Home: Simple and Delicious cookbook)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 package (3 oz.) chicken ramen noodles (I used creamy chicken just because I had them on hand.)
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley (optional)
Instructions: (this recipe can be made on the stovetop or in the microwave)
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Break noodles in large pieces and add the noodles and seasoning packet to the water. (If using a microwave, put the noodles and water in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 3 - 5 minutes, till noodles are tender. Then add the seasoning packet and microwave one more minute.)
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, milk, and onion. Heat through.
- Stir in the cheese, bacon and parsley until blended.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: about 15 minutes (less if using the microwave)
So, it's a simple recipe. Now, remember how yesterday I said that I used my Irish Soda Bread as a topping? Well, I used it over this chowder. Soooooooo yummy! However, I think that I will add some potatoes the next time I make this chowder. I just felt like potatoes were missing... don't ask me why. Definitely recommend trying it though! I hope you all enjoy this recipe and as always...