Energy Bites (this recipe is from Smashed Peas and Carrots blog)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
I didn't have flaxseed, so I skipped that, but these were still pretty good. If I leave them out, I catch myself eating them, haha. Gotta hide them in the fridge. Anyway, let me know what you think and as always...