About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 16, 2011

Need some Energy for Monday? Might want to make some Energy Bites...

After mixing
So this weekend has been pretty busy up. I completely messed up my sleep schedule... as usual. The only way I am going to get through this week is to remember that fall break is on Friday! Thank goodness! I am soooo excited! Also, me going home means actual oven baked food! Woohoo! Anyway... I still have some homework to do and need to take a shower, so I shall just dive on into the recipe.

Energy Bites (this recipe is from Smashed Peas and Carrots blog)


Ingredients:


  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  
  2. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  
  3. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
I didn't have flaxseed, so I skipped that, but these were still pretty good. If I leave them out, I catch myself eating them, haha. Gotta hide them in the fridge. Anyway, let me know what you think and as always...

Bon appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment