About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dip: A flavor of fall

So, I didn't post a new blog the other day (technically did, but not really), but anyway... I apologize. I was out with my friends till 3 am... and by then I was ready to go to bed. Moving on...

I didn't do much today because of my late night. I didn't get up till 3 pm and I discovered that in my zombie state I had somehow turned my phone to silent. So much for my alarms... Oh well. The only thing that sucked about waking up so late is that I basically only ate one meal today... and am now eating again. It's just weird and I need to stop throwing my body off schedule! However, I did go grocery shopping today, tidied up a few things, and made a to-do list for tomorrow morning. Since I didn't get everything done that I should have done this weekend, it shall be an early Monday for me.

Ingredients
So, about the recipe... I was perusing things through pinterest.com and I came upon a recipe for Pumpkin Pie dip. I thought that at least sounded interesting so I clicked on the picture and was taken to Skinnytaste. The website is really cool and I definitely encourage you all to check it out! So, I looked over the ingredient list and thought it seemed ok. Well, I was so excited to have food that I just had to make something and I chose this. To be honest, I don't like it with the whipped cream as much as I did right after I added the yogurt. Something for me to remember next time. So, for today I am bringing you Pumpkin Pie Dip, adapted from the recipe on Skinnytaste. It is definitely something that goes along with the fall tastes and something that I hope you all will enjoy!
Pumpkin pie dip and apple slices

Pumpkin Pie Dip


Ingredients:

  • 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon*
  • 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice*
  • 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt or plain regular yogurt
  • 8 oz cool whip (optional)
*or to taste

Dipping an apple slice
Instructions:
  1. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla together.
  2. Add the can of pumpkin and mix well.
  3. Add the yogurt.
  4. Add the Cool Whip (if you are using it).
  5. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Dipping suggestions: Nilla Wafers, Apple slices, Graham crackers, etc. 

This recipe could honestly be tweaked, especially if you wanted to add a bit of a different spice that isn't on the list. I think this dip is perfectly fine without the Cool Whip, but feel free to add it if you want to! If you are curious as to what makes pumpkin so great, this website tells all about pumpkin. I found it informative and very easy to read. I hope you all get a chance to try this and as always...

Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment