Speedy Minestrone Soup
- 2 cans beef broth (each 14.5 oz. or you can get the slightly bigger square item like I did)
- 1 pack (24 oz.) of frozen vegetable and pasta medley in garlic sauce
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into slices approximately 1/2 inch thick
- 1 can (16 oz.) of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese [Optional]
- 1 can of corn [Optional]
- 1 cup of chopped carrots [optional]
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, veg and pasta medley, sliced sausage, kidney beans, onion, basil, salt, and pepper (also add the corn and carrots if you are adding them).
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep/total time: 25-30 minutes
Hope your Wednesday wasn't too whacky. As always...