About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 18, 2011

Speedy Minestrone Soup

So, first off I would like to apologize for my blog-of-the-day being a bit late. Truly, though, my Wednesday was whacky. I was going from task to task to task, along with a few mild breaks. Gah! However, I did not forget that I need to put up an entry for today. This recipe would be fabulous for any crazy day, especially since soup is a comfort food and this soup is super easy! My brother was skeptical about this soup, but after he tasted some, he told me he wants this to be made again. Hahaha. It is definitely a favorite for our family!

Speedy Minestrone Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans beef broth (each 14.5 oz. or you can get the slightly bigger square item like I did)
  • 1 pack (24 oz.) of frozen vegetable and pasta medley in garlic sauce
  • 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into slices approximately 1/2 inch thick
  • 1 can (16 oz.) of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese [Optional]
  • 1 can of corn [Optional]
  • 1 cup of chopped carrots [optional]
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

  1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, veg and pasta medley, sliced sausage, kidney beans, onion, basil, salt, and pepper (also add the corn and carrots if you are adding them).
  2. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
  3. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese to serve. 
Yield: 6 servings
Prep/total time: 25-30 minutes


Hope your Wednesday wasn't too whacky. As always...


Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment