- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp Olive oil and saute mushrooms, garlic, celery, and onion. Cook about 5 minutes, to mix the flavors.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, shredded carrots, and tomato paste.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add in the cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and spinach.
- Spread a little of the sauce in the bottom of the pan and start laying your noodles, making sure they overlap by 1/2 inch.
- Spread half the egg/cheese mix on top and then sprinkle on half of the Cheddar and half of the mozzarella.
- Layer more noodles on top and then put on the meat sauce and cheese mixture until it is all gone.
- Sprinkle leftover cheese and Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the center of the oven until the sauce is bubbling around the edges.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Time: 1 hr 40 minutes
Yield: about 12 servings (a little less if you like larger squares of lasagna)
If you want to, you can include different veggies like they use in this recipe or in this recipe. Really it is up to you to know what the family will eat (or what you will eat) and add veggies according to that! I hope you all give this a go and definitely leave a comment if you enjoy it! As always...