Anyway, today I am giving you all a cookie recipe that sounds really weird but the product is absolutely addicting. I really mean that, by the way. So, if you are a fan of sweet and salty, here's the recipe for you! I know, I know, the name does sound a bit odd. Every time I mention it people repeat "potato chip cookies?" really slow and confused like. However, the recipe is simple and delicious and I hope you all get a chance to try it out!
Potato Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups of crushed potato chips (I find it easy to use the food processor to chop my chips, but you can smash them by hand or use a spoon)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- Combine the flour and baking soda in another bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well.
- Fold in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by tablespoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. (Parchment paper is amazing!)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing off the baking sheet to cool.
Yield: 4 dozen
Once again, I hope you all try out these awesomely delicious cookies! As always...