About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 18, 2011

Potato chip cookies: Say what?

Well, it's been another busy day. It seems that the closer we get to school time, the crazier our schedule gets. But hey, it's the way it always is. Today I lifted bins and packed bins, along with running people to and fro. Tomorrow will be a bit better, especially since I have packed the big stuff and just have to finish with the little things. I think the little things can be tedious and annoying, but it is necessary to move locations.

Anyway, today I am giving you all a cookie recipe that sounds really weird but the product is absolutely addicting. I really mean that, by the way. So, if you are a fan of sweet and salty, here's the recipe for you! I know, I know, the name does sound a bit odd. Every time I mention it people repeat "potato chip cookies?" really slow and confused like. However, the recipe is simple and delicious and I hope you all get a chance to try it out!



Potato Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter flavored shortening 
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all purpose flour (plain flour)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 cups of crushed potato chips (I find it easy to use the food processor to chop my chips, but you can smash them by hand or use a spoon)
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
  3. Combine the flour and baking soda in another bowl.
  4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well.
  5. Fold in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
  6. Drop by tablespoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. (Parchment paper is amazing!)
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
  8. Cool for 1 minute before removing off the baking sheet to cool.
  9. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 dozen

Once again, I hope you all try out these awesomely delicious cookies! As always...



Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment