About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 16, 2011

Blueberry or Berry Muffins

One recipe, two versions... sounds fabulous to me! I've posted a recipe for a main dish, a cookie, and some zesty salsa. I figured it was time for a bread recipe. Muffins!

Blueberry or Berry Muffins


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 TBSP. butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries (if using mixed berries, see note below)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. 
  4. Mix the wet ingredient mix with the dry ingredients until moistened.
  5. Carefully fold in the blueberries or berries.
  6. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
  7. Bake for 18-22 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
  8. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. 
  9. Serve warm. 
****NOTE: if your mixed berry mix has strawberries, make sure they are sliced up.****

Yield: 1 dozen muffins
Prep/total time: about 30 minutes

I used frozen berries that we had left in the freezer. They were simple to use, but make sure you keep them in the freezer until you are ready to put them in! Do not defrost them! 


I liked the berry muffins more, but either way, these muffins are a big hit!


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment