Seasoned Parmesan and Breadcrumb Chicken Strips
- 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 1 and 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP. liquid yellow mustard
- Approx. 1 lb. of chicken breasts, cut into strips *it is easier to work with if they are still partly frozen* (I used more than 1 lb. It was more like 1.5 pounds or so because of having 5 people to feed)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and mustard.
- In another bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, dried basil, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Prep your baking dish or baking sheet (whichever you prefer) by coating it with cooking spray or lining it with pan lining paper/parchment paper.
- Place the bowl of mixed liquids (from step 2) and cheese mix (from step 3) close to your dish/sheet, with the cheese mix closest to the dish/sheet.
- Take your chicken strips and dip them into the liquid mix, and then the cheese mix before you put them onto your baking dish or sheet. Try to get them in close, but try not to have them touch. (if you have any leftover of the mixes, you could always cut some more chicken!)
- Bake them for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear.