About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 13, 2011

Seasoned Parmesan and Breadcrumb Chicken: 1st recipe!

Yesterday I posted my very first post about why I am blogging about food. So, that means today is a recipe day! Since it is my first recipe posting, I figured I would start out easy. Without any further commentary, here it is:

Seasoned Parmesan and Breadcrumb Chicken Strips

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs
  • 1 and 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 1/2 tsp. dried basil
  • 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 TBSP. liquid yellow mustard 
  • Approx. 1 lb. of chicken breasts, cut into strips *it is easier to work with if they are still partly frozen* (I used more than 1 lb. It was more like 1.5 pounds or so because of having 5 people to feed) 
Instructions:

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. 
  2. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and mustard. 
  3. In another bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, dried basil, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. 
  4. Prep your baking dish or baking sheet (whichever you prefer) by coating it with cooking spray or lining it with pan lining paper/parchment paper. 
  5. Place the bowl of mixed liquids (from step 2) and cheese mix (from step 3) close to your dish/sheet, with the cheese mix closest to the dish/sheet.
  6. Take your chicken strips and dip them into the liquid mix, and then the cheese mix before you put them onto your baking dish or sheet. Try to get them in close, but try not to have them touch. (if you have any leftover of the mixes, you could always cut some more chicken!) 
  7. Bake them for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear. 
Is this recipe exactly from one place or exactly from another place? No. I actually combined two recipes to make it my own. It was quite nice and the rest of the family ate it without complaint! 

**NOTE: You could easily make this gluten-free by using gluten free bread for the breadcrumbs**

Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment