Two Chip Caramel Drop Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup (or approx. 8 oz) of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (or approx. 8 oz) of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (or to taste) of caramel squeeze dessert topping [Optional]
- 2 cups of crushed pretzels (keep them chunky though) [Optional]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put out 2 sheets of wax paper or get out your cooling rack(s). Get out your cookie sheets and put parchment paper on them or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well. Then, beat in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the baking powder and flour.
- Gradually add flour mix to the wet mix and mix together until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips [pretzels and caramel as well if you are using them].
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (I like to use a melon scooper) approximately 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. (It is a nice time to mention that parchment paper is a wonderful thing to use on baking sheets. Hardly any mess!)
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before moving onto wax paper or cooling rack.
Yield: 4-6 dozen cookies
With or without the caramel and pretzels, these are still heavenly. You could also add in 1 cup of chopped peanuts/nuts and 1 cup of raisins/dried fruit to add to the sweet and salty aspect if you wish.
Anyway, I hope that your Monday is a little bit sweeter. Thank you for reading and as always...