About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jan 11, 2012

A microwave brownie from scratch

I think I am becoming a cranky college senior. The people upstairs keep tapping on the heating unit and heating pipes, and then the sound is amplified into my room. I have started tapping really loud on the heater just to get a few minutes of peace. My next door neighbor has her loud friends over even more than usual, and it seems that she has their kids over plenty, too. She's nice, but when I can hear you returning to your room past 2 am and I hear "Hey gurrrllll..." I just want to hurt something. They have been warned before, but apparently the memo hasn't completely gotten through their heads. Ugh. Does this make me a grumpy senior student or just too observant? I haven't quite decided... Classes went well today. My media writing class felt like elementary school English class. We discussed differences between illicit vs. elicit, allude vs. illude, illusion vs. allusion, media vs. medium, and many more. It wasn't difficult, but my brain checked out quite often. Ugh, there goes the noisy hall people again. SHUSH PEOPLE! -.-

I read my chapter for environmental sociology. It was boring and I didn't really learn much other than the reason why the authors put the book together the way they did and what was in the chapters to come. They went over some history, but I don't think I care enough about that. I finally installed Itunes on my new computer. For some reason I thought I had already installed it, but I hadn't. Itunes is needed so that I can make a driving playlist for my round trip driving session. Seven to eight hours in the car in one day. Yay me. I also have to type up my idea sheet for the ACS meeting tomorrow. The meeting is why I have to spend so much time in the car, along with the fact that we have school on Friday, even though many other schools get a 4 day weekend. Unlucky us. I might try to get my reading done tonight or tomorrow, but it might have to wait till late tomorrow night or something. Pretty much life right now.

So, this recipe is one that I randomly found on Pinterest. I know that I have posted a microwave brownie recipe before, but this one doesn't use the boxed brownie mix. This is delicious and I honestly don't understand the complaints that are in the comments section. If you need a quick chocolate fix, this is for you!

Mug Brownie from scratch (from Instructables.com)

I added cheesecake dip and choco chips to my brownie. So good!
Ingredients:

  • 4 Tbsp. Flour
  • 4 Tbsp. Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder (what you would use for baking)
  • Dash of salt
  • 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (or any non-flavorful oil i.e. safflower, sunflower, canola, etc.)
  • 2 Tbsp. Water
Instructions:
After stirring. It was still delicious!
  1. Mix the first 4 ingredients together (dry ingredients).
  2. Add the last two ingredients (liquids). 
  3. Mix well. Try to get out many of the clumps.
  4. Microwave for 30 seconds. Test and see if done.
  5. If not done, microwave in 30 second intervals until it is done. It won't look done, but it will have more-done brownie on the edges and more gooey in the center. If you mix it together it will be just fine.
  6. Add any toppings you would like (whipped cream, chocolate chips, etc) and enjoy warm!
I hope you try this out. It's simple and fast! I like it when I desperately need some chocolate in my life. If you want to see the recipe for the cheesecake dip, click here.

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!
As always...
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment