This recipe is one that my mom has had for a while. We always make it at Christmas, but apparently the way I made it this year wasn't up to her standards. I don't really understand how it could be messed up since it's one of those "slap it all together and let it cook" sort of recipes, but she complained regardless. I guess next time I will use the 9 x 13 pan that she told me I should have used (ya know, after they were done...). I think another problem is that I forgot to grease the pan. I don't know if that would have really helped or not, but it's the only other thing I can think of. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!
7 layer bars
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pack chocolate chips
- 1 pack white chips
- 1 pack butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (whatever type you like)
- 1 cup coconut (you can add a bit more if you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 177 C.
- Melt the butter/margarine in a small, microwaveable dish.
- Measure out the graham cracker crumbs and spread them out in the pan.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted butter/margarine over the crumbs.
- Using your fingers, mush it all together and make a crust.
- Pour the nuts on top of the crust, then the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and white chips. Top that with the coconut and then pour on the sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned and chocolate chips are somewhat melted.
Well, let me know what you think! Love it? Hate it? Tell me with a comment below!