About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jan 4, 2012

7 layer bars

Hmmm... today... Well, my mom was going to take me to see Twilight, but there weren't any afternoon showings. Oh well... My sister made me go with her to pick up her cookie form thing, even though the place was easy to get to, she "forgot how to get there." How convenient... The nice thing is that we (my brother, sister, and myself) went to Target and Best Buy. I finally bought a personal blender, along with some pens for my friends, some Annie's snack mix (click here for their site), and a salad dressing emulsifier which came with two recipes for dressing! Yay! I am super excited about using these products in the dorm. Should be interesting to see what creations I come up with! I also recently acquired a popsicle mold and a VCR player. Woot! I will have plenty of stuff to take to campus, but it will be worth it! :)

This recipe is one that my mom has had for a while. We always make it at Christmas, but apparently the way I made it this year wasn't up to her standards. I don't really understand how it could be messed up since it's one of those "slap it all together and let it cook" sort of recipes, but she complained regardless. I guess next time I will use the 9 x 13 pan that she told me I should have used (ya know, after they were done...). I think another problem is that I forgot to grease the pan. I don't know if that would have really helped or not, but it's the only other thing I can think of. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!

7 layer bars 

Ingredients:


  • 1 stick margarine or butter
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 
  • 1 pack chocolate chips 
  • 1 pack white chips
  • 1 pack butterscotch chips
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (whatever type you like)
  • 1 cup coconut (you can add a bit more if you wish)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 177 C.
  2. Melt the butter/margarine in a small, microwaveable dish. 
  3. Measure out the graham cracker crumbs and spread them out in the pan.
  4. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted butter/margarine over the crumbs.
  5. Using your fingers, mush it all together and make a crust. 
  6. Pour the nuts on top of the crust, then the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and white chips. Top that with the coconut and then pour on the sweetened condensed milk.
  7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned and chocolate chips are somewhat melted. 
  8. Enjoy!

Well, let me know what you think! Love it? Hate it? Tell me with a comment below!


As always...
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment