This recipe is simple, but I tweaked it from the original. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand when cheesecake is deathly sweet. This original recipe had 2 problems: 1. it was wayyyyy too sweet 2. it wasn't moist enough for the sugars to mix in well. It honestly looked like a cheese ball covered in powdered sugar before I made my changes. I mean, maybe it just turned out that way because I was mixing it by hand, but still, it didn't seem very much like a dip to me at that point, I added some lemon juice and 2 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt. It was a bit too liquidy, so I added more cream cheese and butter. Then it was just perfect. This stuff can be eaten alone or be used to dip fruit, graham crackers, teddy grahams, and anything else that you would like to test out.
Cheesecake dip (adapted from Slice & Dice blog)
- 16 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt
- a few squeezes of lemon juice, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- items to dip (fruit, graham crackers, etc.)
|Without the sprinkles|
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, yogurt, and the lemon juice.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Have fun dipping fruit, graham crackers, etc. or just eating it by the spoonful!
As I said, this recipe is easy and absolutely delicious! I hope you get the chance to try it out!