About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jan 22, 2012

Minty Sunday

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday weren't very exciting. Classes, sleeping, eating, and homework basically. Yesterday I attended a student run concert that focused on movie music. It was pretty cool! I also went to pep band and got free pizza, woot! As usual, I completely threw off my sleep schedule this weekend. It should be interesting going back to my normal sleep schedule for Monday. I am slowly going through all of the fresh produce that I bought last weekend. I have worked out twice this week (in my room, with hand weights) which is big for me. I plan to continue doing the workout thing so that I can eat my yummy food and still lose weight. I will have some recipes of what I have been eating lately once I finish these cookie recipes from Christmas. :S

I didn't wake up until 3 pm today, so I haven't eaten much. I need to be making my "dinner" soon. I think I am going to mix black beans, corn, tomato, salsa, cheese, and guacamole. I'll probably eat the concoction with tortilla chips. Seems interesting to me, haha. Today has been a lazy day, but I did do dishes! I really need to accept the fact that dishes are never ending. As soon as I wash one batch another batch starts piling up. *grumble* I have also spent a couple of hours organizing my 500+ favorited videos on youtube. I never imagined it would take this long! O.O When I took a study break, I watched Robin Hood. I still have homework to do, but eh...

The recipe for today is minty and has chocolate chips as well. My cousins loved these cookies! Our family isn't fond of mint stuff, so they were happy to see the mint stuff vanish. We still have oodles of cookies in our freezer though!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Food.com)

Ingredients:


    • 1 1/3 cups sugar
    • 3/4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
    • 1/4 tsp. mint extract or 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
    • 1 egg
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 10- 12 oz. chocolate chips
    • green food coloring
    Instructions:

    1. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
    2. Mix the sugar. margarine, mint, and egg in a large bowl.
    3. Mix in the flour. baking soda, and salt.
    4. Add in the green food coloring if you are using it. Start with a few drops and then add more if needed. 
    5. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
    6. Prep your cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray nonstick cooking spray on them.
    7. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
    8. Bake 11-13 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. 
    9. Cool and then eat or store in an airtight container after completely cooled. 
    If you like chocolate and mint or even mint chocolate chip cookies, then you will like these! I always use green food coloring so that the family knows that they are mint instead of regular chocolate chip cookies. Hope you enjoy!



    Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!


    As always...
    Bon appétit!

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment