Today is a day for something that isn't super-sweet. Yes, it falls under the dessert category, but it isn't a sickeningly sweet one. I really should have made a double batch of these because me and my mom gobbled these up within a week. Oops, haha. These are easy to whip up and are done in under 30 minutes! Definitely something to think about if you are in a dessert pickle. :) This is another one of those recipes that we only dig out for Christmas, but it is versatile! I hope you all try these out.
- 2 2/3 cups (7 ounces) Baker's Angel Flake coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F or 170 C.
- Mix the coconut, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
- Grease or spray nonstick spray on your cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper/aluminum foil.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the cookie sheets and place on a cooling rack or on wax paper.
- Enjoy right away or store in an air tight container after they cool down.
Love it? Hate it? Want to try the recipe out? Let me know with a comment below!