About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jan 2, 2012

Fabulous Fudge

Today was lazy. It's weird thinking that I go back to school next week. I hope you all have had a great new year so far. I have made a few resolutions and I hope I will stick to them. I got a few gift cards the other day that I need to use. Guess this week will be shopping and such. :)

Well, anyway, the recipe that I have today is one that's fast and easy! It is just a bit of time in the microwave, pour into the mold, and then let it set before it is ready to eat! I hope you all enjoy!

Fabulous Five-Minute Fudge (from Better Homes and Gardens)

Ingredients:

  • 1 12-oz package of semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
  • 1/2 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk 
  • 1 Tbsp. water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Instructions:

  1. Line a cookie sheet (or a square/rectangle dish) with waxed paper; set aside.
  2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk, and water.
  3. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 1 minute more, or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
  4. Stir in nuts and vanilla. 
  5. Pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and spread it into a 9x6-inch rectangle, or drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
  6. Chill fudge about 30 minutes or until firm. Cut fudge into 1-1/2-inch squares. Makes 24 pieces.
I hope you all try this recipe out! You can even use a different type of chocolate chips to spice it up! As always...



Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment