About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jan 8, 2012

Nut Filled Cookies

Quotes from today:
"Once around the river bend" (while putting away the Pocahontas ornament)
"Let's take the balls off of the tree" (mom meaning that the ornaments needed to come off the tree, although minds wandered somewhere else...)
"That sounded like you farted diarrhea in your pants!" "D.I.M.P. Diarrhea in my pants"
"Angry squirrels" (squirrels fighting over old corn muffin pieces)

It is my last full day at home. So weird. Tomorrow I leave for campus again. For my last semester. Ugh. I found out that my computer decided to delete some videos from my Ipod to "synchronize it" grrrr. I am fixing the issue though, and my sister luckily has them on her Ipod. I realized yesterday that I have about a week until my birthday! That sneaked up on me! I have no idea what restaurant I will go to or anything. I also have a big Relay for life meeting this week. Gonna be an interesting week! We get a 3-day weekend because of MLK day though. :)

The recipe for today was a new one this year. My mom apparently made them before, but she didn't think they tasted the same. I found the crust revolting by itself, but the cookie overall is decent. I give it an 8 out of 10 just because the crust is not yummy by itself... at all... Potentially, you could swap out a pie crust or a different crust if you wanted. I hope you all try this out!

Nut Filled Cookies 
We ran out of muffin cups, so I made a flat dessert too


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 lb margarine or butter (1 stick)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
Filling:
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional:
  • powdered sugar
Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F or 190 C.
  2. Take the first three listed ingredients (flour, cream cheese, and butter/margarine) and combine.
  3. Shape the mix into 24 small balls.
  4. Put mini-muffin cups in a mini muffin pan or a round pan.
  5. Press the balls of dough into the muffin cups, working it up the sides to make a small cup.
  6. Combine all of the filling ingredients.
  7. Put 1 tsp. of the filling into each muffin cup or until 3/4 full.
  8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until edge is slightly brown.
  9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you'd like. (I skipped that step)
  10. Let cool and enjoy!
This isn't a difficult recipe to make, but it does take a little bit of time and some messy hands to get the crust all set up. After that is done, it's a breeze! Hope you all try this out!

Love it? Hate it? Want to try it? Let me know with a comment below. :) Please feel free to mention any changes you think could improve this blog. Thanks!

As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment