About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Dec 18, 2011

Just checking in...

Hello, blog readers. Yes, this is just a check in. Not that anyone was worried about exams eating me or anything? ;) :P Anyway, I somehow survived exams week and am finally at home. Trying to adjust to being home again sucks. I'll just put that out there right now. I mean, I understand that my sister is playing tomorrow, but my mom just seems to like torturing me with the 2 hour service that I might technically be present, but all I am thinking is "Please, let this end and let me escape!" I am not really a person who believes all one way or all another. I just have my own beliefs that combine multiple ideas and I don't like the idea of fitting in a box. Anyway, that's my biggest complaint so far. Also getting used to the "family scuffles" is going to take a while...

I have had major insomnia lately, which I think stemmed from the lack of sleep Sunday - Thursday because of exams. It's just another friction point because my parents don't seem to understand that when you go to bed at 6 am that noon really isn't "sleeping in late." It's just something I guess I need to adjust to. I just miss my own schedule, but I definitely do not miss the microwave and mini fridge/freezer. I am enjoying having a full kitchen and I will soon be busying myself with Christmas cookies, candies, chocolate covered pretzels, and more. Luckily for all of you, I will be sharing my recipes and the pictures of the lovely creations.

So, how has your holiday season been so far? I have found that buying gifts is a pain. However, using my free trial of Amazon prime is fantastic! Free shipping! I'll have to cancel the subscription when my month is up, but I think it was worth getting free shipping on some gifts for the family. I want to make some goodies for the neighbors, so hopefully they will enjoy them. At the end of my 3 week break, I need to finish up the gift for my friends up on campus (more baked goodies mixed with some other little items). Well, that's all from me for now. I shall leave you all with a question:

What little family quirks drive you bonkers? I'd love to hear from you in the comments section! :) Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment