About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Dec 28, 2011

Day 5 results: White chocolate PB balls

Alright, so it is a little late with posting. However, I still feel a little as if it was before Christmas. Still pretty busy, but have chances to sleep in which is fab. I have chilled with the baking though and I am grateful for that! I took today to do stuff for myself. I did my nails and then took a really long shower. I also played Just Dance 3 for a bit of exercise in my lazy day and pampered my poor, drying out skin with some lotion. I spent a bit of time reading more of The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Eat and Why because it is interesting and I would love to add more variety/healthful stuff to my diet. I must say, being at home really messes up my eating habits. I am going to have to think of solutions for after college life back home. Hmmm. I get to watch my cousins tomorrow, joy joy. Hopefully Friday I will be able to take my brother and sister with me out to the stores to spend some gift cards and buy some items that we would like. We are also going to the zoo lights, which should be fun! Anyway, I took some pics of our dog today with various Christmas items. She wasn't enthusiastic about it and definitely didn't cooperate as much as she could have but I did catch a few cute/funny ones. I included two in this post for you all to enjoy! :)


Cute, huh? She is a sweetie. :) Love her so much. Then again, I think most of us love our pets lots! But yea, life is going well. I decided to switch one of my classes because it was about dance instead of actual dance. I was really hoping to take another dance class. :( Guess it is one thing I will have to look into for fitness or something. So, you might be wondering... how was your Christmas? To be honest, it was decent. I got some gifts off of my wishlist and I got a few that weren't on there, but were very thoughtful. I have 2 new cookbooks to tinker with and enjoy! I also got a new laptop! :O That was a major surprise, but a welcome one, since my Dell laptop has duct tape. My sister gets my Dell and I get to take my new laptop to school. The only painful thing is transferring all the info from one computer to another. I had to do that when my hard-drive was replaced, and I hated doing it then... let alone doing it AGAIN. Rawr. Ah well... I will persevere! 


White chocolate Peanut Butter Balls 


Ingredients:

  • 2- 2.5 lbs of white chocolate coating/vanilla candy coating (it looks like this)
  • 5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
  • 1 stick of butter or margarine 
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 cups peanut butter
Instructions:

  1. Using a spatula, a spoon, or a fork, gently mix cereal and powdered sugar in a large bowl. 
  2. In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter. I suggest microwaving 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals. Make sure you stir often.
  3. Dump the melted butter and peanut butter in with                          the cereal and powdered sugar. Quickly mix with a spatula and then your hands.
  4. Start forming balls of the mixture. You can make them bite size or larger if you'd like. Work quickly or the mixture dries out!
  5. After you have used all of the mixture, wash your hands.
  6. Set out a section of wax paper for your finished product to cool on.
  7. Melt the white chocolate in a different microwaveable bowl. Start with 1 minute and then go to 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating.
  8. Dip the peanut butter balls into the white chocolate. Set onto the wax paper. 
  9. Let them sit until they are dry to the touch and then store in an airtight container or eat!
  10. Enjoy!


This recipe will make 5-6 dozen if you make the PB balls bite-size, but it will make less if you make ping pong size or golf ball size PB balls. These remind me a lot of buckeyes, but with some crunchiness, which is nice. Really rich though! This is a recipe that I am going to make for many years to come! Happy Holidays! I hope that all of you who celebrate Christmas had a fabulous day!

As always...
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment