About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Dec 23, 2011

Day 4: PB cookies with Hershey kisses

Day 4 accomplishments: nut filled cookies, dipped the buckeyes (PB balls) in chocolate, baked the shortbread, PB Hershey kiss cookies

My feet hurt. I spent about 8 hours in the kitchen today. CRAZY! Still have more stuff to make tomorrow. I am determined to be up before 2 pm! I hid my alarm clock, so hopefully I won't be able to zombie walk to it and turn it off (that has been my problem this whole week!). My mom has criticized my baking a few times this week and it has really gotten on my nerves. Just let me bake my way! I kind of get into this baking zone and if someone interrupts it, I get all RAWR! Yea >.>... Anyway, the recipe I have today is one that I thought I should bring back to the baking repertoire in our house. I remember having these at Christmases past and wanted to try them out. I think they came out nice! Although, my sister didn't push the hershey kisses in enough, so some are just falling off -.- grrr. The hazards of baking with people in my family, haha. Tomorrow is snowballs, PB balls, sugar cookies, and Hungarian love letter cookies. Hmm, hope I remembered all of them. I think that is it... I cannot wait to be done baking tmrw -.- I love baking, but all this "You made these too big" "I hate baking, sis" and whining has really stressed me out. I like to bake at my own pace, without people interfering, yeesh!

Peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies (from Cooks.com)

Ingredients:

2 kisses were smashed :(
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1-2 bag of Hershey kisses
Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Mix together first 5 ingredients.
  3. Add flour and mix until you form a sticky dough. 
  4. Roll into small balls and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just golden brown. 
  6. Place Hershey kiss (with wrapping removed) in center of each cookie, while they are still hot.
  7. Enjoy!
Simple and delicious! I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as the rest of the family has! 

As always...
Bon appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment